Emergency First Aid at Work
Emergency First Aid at Work 6 hours (over 1 day)
This is a 6 hour course that covers the basics of managing a first aid incident in a lower risk environment
Who is Emergency First Aid at Work for?
- Any member of staff who may need to manage a casualty for up to 10 minutes
- Any member of staff who may need to deal with very minor incidents
- Those working in offices, shops or similar low risk working environments
How do I choose the right first aid course?
If you are an employer or a manager your risk assessment should help to indicate what is the most suitable first aid course for your level of risk.
Health & Safety Executive (HSE) produce clear and straightforward advice. Look at these links http://www.hse.gov.uk/firstaid/legislation.htm
And this great free download from HSE
Still not sure? Contact us and we can work with you to find the right course.
How do I know that Highland First Aid is offering appropriate first aid training?
It’s important to check the training you need meets the requirements of ‘due diligence’ that employers have to carry out before selecting a course. At Highland First Aid we have made that easy:
- The qualifications we offer are accredited by Scottish Qualification Authority https://accreditation.sqa.org.uk/accreditation/home
- So our courses are externally verified for compliance and quality
- Our trainers are all qualified
- Our trainers all have Advanced First Aid qualifications
- Trainers carry out regular professional development and first aid refreshers
- We work with ITC First itcfirst.org.uk to provide another layer of verification, observations and professional development
You can find more advice in HSE’s information sheet GEIS3 Selecting a first-aid training provider: A guide for employers (www.hse.gov.uk/pubns/geis3.htm)