Emergency Paediatric First Aid – 6 Hours
ITC Level 3 Award in Emergency Paediatric First Aid
This qualification is designed for workers caring for children in the absence of their parents.
This qualification indicates an individual can undertake the role of first aider in a position that has responsibility of caring for infants and children. It may also have been identified as necessary by a workplace risk assessment.
The qualification will benefit all who spend time in the early years environment and with pre-puberty children.
How do I choose the right first aid course?
If you are an employer or manager your risk assessment should help indicate what is the most suitable first aid course for your level of risk.
Health & Safety Executive (HSE) produce clear and straightforward advice. Look at these links http://www.hse.gov.uk/firstaid/legislation.htm
And this great free download from HSE
Still not sure? Contact us and we can work with you to find the right course.
How do I know that Highland First Aid is offering appropriate first aid training?
It’s important to check the training you need meets the requirements of ‘due diligence’ that employers have to carry out before selecting a course. At Highland First Aid we have made that easy:
- The qualifications we offer are accredited by Scottish Qualification Authority https://accreditation.sqa.org.uk/accreditation/home
- So our courses are externally verified for compliance and quality
- Our trainers are all qualified
- Our trainers all have Advanced First Aid qualifications
- Trainers carry out regular professional development and first aid refreshers
- We work with ITC First itcfirst.org.uk to provide another layer of verification, observations and professional development
You can find more advice in HSE’s information sheet GEIS3 Selecting a first-aid training provider: A guide for employers (www.hse.gov.uk/pubns/geis3.htm)