Forestry Emergency First Aid +F – 8 hours
+F and Emergency First Aid – 8 hours over 1 day
A 2 hour bolt-on to the Emergency First Aid at Work for those operating on Forestry Commission land. Some roles may need the 18 hour Forestry First Aid at Work +F or, due to remoteness from immediate help, the 16 hour Forestry Outdoor First Aid +F – 2 day may be more suitable. Why not look at this comparison table for +F Forestry courses.
What does the +F cover?
Ticks & Lymes disease, burns, hyperthermia, crushing and chainsaw injuries. These are also covered in more depth in the 18 hour / 3 day First Aid at Work and the 16 hour / 2 day Outdoor First Aid courses
See this link for full details: Forestry Commission First Aid at Work Policy
For the qualification specification and assessment principles for the Emergency First Aid at Work + F see: www.itcfirst.org.uk/qualifications/forestry-first-aid–f/89.htm
How do I choose the right first aid course?
If you are an employer or manager your risk assessment should help indicate what is the most suitable first aid course for your level of risk.
Health & Safety Executive (HSE) produce clear and straightforward advice. Look at these links http://www.hse.gov.uk/firstaid/legislation.htm
And this great free download from HSE http://www.hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg214.pdf
Still not sure? Contact us and we can work with you to find the right course.
How do I know that Highland FIrst Aid is offering appropriate first aid training?
It’s important to check the training you need meets the requirements of ‘due diligence’ that employers have to carry out before selecting a course. At Highland First Aid we have made that easy:
- The qualifications we offer are accredited by Scottish Qualification Authority sqa.org.uk
- So our courses are externally verified for compliance and quality
- Our trainers are all qualified
- Our trainers all have Advanced First Aid qualifications
- Trainers carry out regular professional development and first aid refreshers
- We work with ITC First itcfirst.org.uk to provide another layer of verification, observations and professional development