Forestry Outdoor First Aid +F – 1 Day
This 1 day +F course is designed for those working more than 30 minutes away from immediate help, i.e. a road an ambulance can use.
The course covers the skills needed to deal with the basic first aid in remote forestry sites.
What does the +F cover?
Ticks & Lymes disease, burns, hyperthermia, crushing and chainsaw injuries. You’ll also gain the skills to manage and monitor a casualty while you organise transport or wait for help to arrive.
See this link for full details: Forestry Commission First Aid at Work Policy
For the qualification specification and assessment principles for the Emergency First Aid at Work + F see: www.itcfirst.org.uk/qualifications/forestry-first-aid–f/89.htm
How do I choose the right first aid course?
If you are an employer or manager your risk assessment should help indicate what is the most suitable first aid course for your level of risk.
Health & Safety Executive (HSE) produce clear and straightforward advice. Look at these links http://www.hse.gov.uk/firstaid/legislation.htm
And this great free download from HSE http://www.hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg214.pdf
Still not sure? Contact us and we can work with you to find the right course.
How do I know that Highland FIrst Aid is offering appropriate first aid training?
It’s important to check the training you need meets the requirements of ‘due diligence’ that employers have to carry out before selecting a course. At Highland First Aid we have made that easy:
- The qualifications we offer are accredited by Scottish Qualification Authority sqa.org.uk
- So our courses are externally verified for compliance and quality
- Our trainers are all qualified
- Our trainers all have Advanced First Aid qualifications
- Trainers carry out regular professional development and first aid refreshers
- We work with ITC First itcfirst.org.uk to provide another layer of verification, observations and professional development