Outdoor First Aid – 1 day
Outdoor First Aid + F – 1 day
Covers the basic first aid you would need when you are more than 30 minutes from help, i.e. no road that an ambulance could use.
Who is the Outdoor First Aid Course for?
Ideal for estate workers, crofters, rural workers and some outdoor qualification holders such as the Canoe Scotland Paddlesport holders, leaders for Bronze D of E.
For the full qualification specifications see:
How do I choose the right first aid course?
If you are an employer or manager your risk assessment should help indicate what is the most suitable first aid course for your level of risk.
Health & Safety Executive (HSE) produce clear and straightforward advice. Look at these links http://www.hse.gov.uk/firstaid/legislation.htm
And this great free download from HSE
Still not sure? Contact us and we can work with you to find the right course.
How do I know that Highland First Aid is offering appropriate first aid training?
It’s important to check the training you need meets the requirements of ‘due diligence’ that employers have to carry out before selecting a course. At Highland First Aid we have made that easy:
- The qualifications we offer are accredited by Scottish Qualification Authority sqa.org.uk
- So our courses are externally verified for compliance and quality
- Our trainers are all qualified
- Our trainers all have Advanced First Aid qualifications
- Trainers carry out regular professional development and first aid refreshers
- We work with ITC First itcfirst.org.uk to provide another layer of verification, observations and professional development
You can find more advice in HSE’s information sheet GEIS3 Selecting a first-aid training provider: A guide for employers (www.hse.gov.uk/pubns/geis3.htm)