Our Location – Your Course
If you want us to supply a course but do not have a suitable venue we can help you with that.
We are based in Fort William and often run courses in a very pleasant local facility (Kilmallie Free Church). So your staff can join one of the coming courses (see the Calendar) or if you have around a dozen people you can book a private course. It might be that you know of an appropriate venue in your area which we could book and provide a local course for you, and perhaps others in the area. Please use the contact button below to send us your suggestions and questions.
How do I choose the right first aid course?
If you are an employer or manager your risk assessment should help indicate what is the most suitable first aid course for your level of risk.
Health & Safety Executive (HSE) produce clear and straightforward advice. Look at these links http://www.hse.gov.uk/firstaid/legislation.htm
And this great free download from HSE
Still not sure? Contact us and we can work with you to find the right course.
How do I know that Highland First Aid is offering appropriate first aid training?
It’s important to check the training you need meets the requirements of ‘due diligence’ that employers have to carry out before selecting a course. At Highland First Aid we have made that easy:
- The qualifications we offer are accredited by Scottish Qualification Authority sqa.org.uk
- So our courses are externally verified for compliance and quality
- Our trainers are all qualified
- Our trainers all have Advanced First Aid qualifications
- Trainers carry out regular professional development and first aid refreshers
- We work with ITC First itcfirst.org.uk to provide another layer of verification, observations and professional development
You can find more advice in HSE’s information sheet GEIS3 Selecting a first-aid training provider: A guide for employers (www.hse.gov.uk/pubns/geis3.htm)